Grilled Cod and Summer Squash Packets
This recipe is presented to you by Cook's Country from America's Test Kitchen
You can substitute vine-ripened tomatoes for the plum tomatoes in this recipe.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 shallots, sliced thin
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound yellow summer squash, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 12 ounces plum tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless cod fillets, 1 to 1 and 1/2 inches thick
- 1 lemon, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Spray centers of four 18 by 14-inch sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil with vegetable oil spray. Microwave oil, shallots, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in small bowl until garlic begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Combine squash, tomatoes, capers, and garlic oil in large bowl.
- Pat fish dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Divide vegetable mixture evenly among centers of each piece of foil. Top vegetables with fish, then top fish with lemon slices. Bring short sides of foil together and crimp to seal tightly. Crimp remaining open ends of packets.
- Grill packets, squash side down, over hot fire until fish is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes. Cut packets open, sprinkle with parsley, and drizzle with extra oil. Serve.
From America's Test Kitchen
Top Rated Cooking Show on Public Television. This recipe is presented to you by Cook's Country from America's Text Kitchen.More about Cook's Country from America's Test Kitchen